The Tender is a warm and inviting place for people to gather. Our day center focuses on social and recreational activities, specifically for individuals with cognitive impairment. We offer a planned program of activities in a professional care setting, to engage our clients – giving them purpose in their day and opportunities to have fun. The combination of an enjoyable atmosphere and supervision promotes the health and independence of our clients.
The vison of our Center is:
- To provide older adults an opportunity to get out of the house and receive both mental and social stimulation.
- To give caregivers a much-needed break in which to work, attend to personal needs, or simply to rest and relax; as well as a place to find hope, support, and community resources.
Our adult day center’s goals are to focus on enriching clients’ lives, building upon their skills and strengths, and providing lots of social interaction. Our services include:
- Social activities. Planned activities are tailored to each clients’ abilities and needs, but encompass such things as arts and crafts, musical entertainment and sing-a-longs, mental stimulation games such as bingo, cards, stretching or other gentle exercise, reminiscence groups, and holiday and birthday celebrations.
- Nutrition. We provide seniors with nutritious meals and snacks. A hot lunch is served daily.
- Respite for caregivers. We offer a weekly support group for caregivers, referrals for care planning, and caregiving education. While the senior is at the day center, caregivers are able to attend to work, personal appointments, or just sit back and relax.
The Tender serves clients aged 60 and over or anyone of any age living with Alzheimer’s disease/dementia. Clients enjoy a minimum of two days, or up to five days, a week, Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 1:30 PM, at our residential community in Mount Laurel, NJ.
We are here to help you navigate a variety of funding options so that you can feel confident about your decision to attend our center, having peace of mind knowing that you have secured all available avenues for assistance. Funding sources may include private pay, Medicaid, and county-specific grant options. We will work with you to determine which funding source is right for you and which financial assistance you may be eligible to receive.
A customized assessment ensures that The Tender Adult Day Center is the right choice for you and your family. Contact us to learn more and schedule your assessment appointment.
The Tender, Inc. is a 501(c)(3), non-profit organization. Click the links below for our most recent audited financial statement as well as most recent 990 filing.